Manbque Mango Salsa
I’m really sick of winter and all of the damn “comfort food” I’ve been making has me looking like the Michelin Man. I’m supposed to be “tall and lean.”
Anyway, let’s say FUCK OFF to winter with a tasty recipe that will make you think it’s summer. This is great with chips but even tastier with my chipotle quesadillas (Recipe coming soon, I promise).
Manbque Mango Salsa Recipe
By March 3, 2011Published:
I'm really sick of winter and all of the damn "comfort food" I've been making has me looking like the Michelin Man. I'm supposed to …
- 1 1/2 ripe mango peeled, pitted, and diced (should be 1 mango, buy 2 just in case)
- 1/2 medium red onion finely chopped
- 1 Jalapeño minced (include ribs and seeds for a hotter taste if desired)
- 1 small cucumber peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. If the salsa ends up being a little too hot or acidic for your taste, you can temper it by adding a diced avocado.