Lord Stanley’s Beer Cheese
Tradition dictates that beer be drunk from the top of Lord Stanley’s Cup. Well, when the Stanley Cup is made entirely of meat, beer alone won’t cut it. Our carnivore’s common sense kicked in and what came out was a glorious Stanley Cup-worthy beer cheese recipe.
16 oz Two Brothers Domaine du Page
1 1/2 lb block cheddar, shredded (not pre-shredded)
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp Worcestershire
2 tbsp BBQ rub
1 tbsp Kosher salt
2 tsp black pepper
1. Let the beer sit overnight or whisk thoroughly to flatten.
2. Mix 1 1/4 cup (10 oz) of the beer with the cheese in a food processor or large bowl.
3. Add the garlic, Worcestershire, rub, kosher salt, and black pepper.
4. Pulse or whisk until the beer and seasonings are thoroughly mixed.
5. Taste and adjust the seasoning with additional salt or black pepper.
6. Adjust the texture, if necessary, with the remaining beer. After a night in the refrigerator, the texture of the cheese will be markedly thicker.
7. Serve in one (1) Stanley Cup, constructed from meat.